Where you can find us on social media
From the latest updates on incidents in North Yorkshire; to crime appeals, court results, safety advice, our canine crime fighters and seeing what our officers, staff and volunteers have been up to – we use our social media accounts to keep you informed (and sometimes to share the odd snap or two of the beautiful county that we police).
For all things North Yorkshire Police
👉 Find us on Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthYorkshirePolice
👉 Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/NYorksPolice
👉 Take a peak behind the scenes on Instagram: Instagram.com/NorthYorkshirePolice
For news, information and alerts from your local police covering the area that you live
For the latest jobs and information about starting a career with North Yorkshire Police
👉 Find us on Facebook: Facebook.com/NYPJobs
👉 Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/NYP_Jobs
👉 Hear from #TeamNYP on LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/company/north-yorkshire-police
You may notice over the next couple of months that a few of our old social media accounts will be closing down and redirecting their followers to follow the accounts above. This it to make it much easier for our communities to find out about North Yorkshire Police and what is happening in their area, and enable us to respond to the issues that matter most to them more quickly and effectively.
Social Media Community Guidelines
These guidelines are in place to help create a safe environment on all social media channels run by North Yorkshire Police. The aim of our social media channels is to create an environment where our communities can engage safely in debate and are free to make comments, questions and suggestions.
We ask that anyone engaging with our social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect for all other members of our social media communities. In order to help create this safe environment we have set out some guidelines which apply to any engagement with us or other members of the community on any of our social media channels.
By engaging with our social media channels you agree to follow these guidelines.
Comments must not:
- Contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
- Be off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services.
Breach of guidelines
- We reserve the right to determine, at our discretion, whether contributions to our social media channels breach our guidelines.
- We reserve the right to hide or delete comments made on our channels, as well as block users who do not follow these guidelines.
- We also reserve the right to make a copy of any comments we deem appropriate for investigation as we feel necessary or is required for criminal justice purposes.
Complaints and compliments
If you are concerned about any comments you have seen shared on any of our social media channels then please report them to us by emailing: email@example.com
At the moment we cannot take reports of crime via social media. All crime should be reported on 101 or in an emergency call 999. You can also use our online reporting tool in some instances, the details of which you can find here.