Police in Ryedale are appealing for information after a builder's Ford Transit van was stolen from Old Malton Road and later found burnt out in Thorpe Bassett.
It happened between 5pm on 16 April and 7am on 17 April 2018.
The van was found stripped of parts and its contents, including the gear box, engine and a large amount of joinery tools.
Police are warning members of the public, particularly trades people who carry expensive tools, to be on their guard and take as many crime prevention measures as possible.
Anyone who saw any suspicious behaviour or a van with Derwent Vale written on the side being driven from Old Malton to Thorpe Bassett, is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2, and ask for PC1393 Jaggard . You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to remain anonymous, you can pass information to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Please quote the North Yorkshire Police reference number 12180065096 when passing on information.
Crime prevention advice
- Always remove your tools at night or if the vehicle will be unattended long periods of time
- Always remove valuables such as phones, wallets, handbags, cash, satnavs
- If you have a garage, please use it
- Always lock your vehicle when it’s not in use
- Use as many crime prevention devices as possible, including alarms, immobilisers, steering locks and trackers
- Fit security lighting to your property
- Contact details:
claire Jaggard - #1393
email@example.com | 31393
- Incident reference: